Spicy, hearty, warm, comfort food, with all the protein and almost no fat (33g protein and 2g fat per serving!) My white bean chicken chili verde has a kick to it, thanks to the fresh jalapenos and green chilis, which you can feel free to omit if you do not like spice. $20 and 10 minutes is all it takes. Just put all the ingredients in the crock pot and 4-6 hours later, BOOM, you have 6 delicious, filling meals – thats dinner for every night this week! Eating healthy is not expensive or time consuming.
Makes 8 servings.
- 2lbs chicken breast
- 2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 fresh jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 2 cans mild diced green chilis
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Place onions, celery, garlic and jalapenos in the bottom of your crockpot.
- Put chicken on top of the veggies and add all your spices.
- Top chicken with beans and chicken broth.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
- Shred chicken before serving.
- Top with lime juice and cilantro.
*OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: sour cream (or greek yogurt), cheddar cheese, crushed tortilla chips.
MACROS for 1 serving (1/8 of recipe or approx 1 cup of chili): 250 calories, 33g protein, 10g carbs, 2g fat.