When I am not cooking my Brussels sprouts with massive amounts of bacon, this is my other go-to recipe. Four ingredients, 30 minutes, tops! You may not have Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or sesame seeds on hand but I would recommend investing in these two items because you can use this recipe for a lot of other vegetables like broccoli, green beans and bok choy. You can also substitue soy sauce or coconut aminos for the Braggs Liquid Aminos. Coconut aminios is a soy flavored seasoning but is made from coconut not soy beans, and is a good alternative if you have a soy allergy. The Braggs Liquid Aminos is my personal favorite because it contains 16 essential and non-essential amino acids (aka muscle building proteins!)
- 1lb Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (non-GMO soy sauce flavored seasoning containing 16 essential and non-essential amino acids)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss Brussels sprouts with sesame oil, liquid aminos, sesame seeds, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Spread Brussels sprouts onto an aluminum foil lined baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes or until desired tenderness. I like my sprouts a little crispy so I broil them for about 5 minutes at the end. Just keep a close eye on them as they will burn quickly if left to broil for too long.
MACROS for 1 serving: 84 calories, 3.5 g protein, 8.7 g carbs, 5.2 g fat