Who doesn’t love waffles? More importantly, who does not love waffles that are low in carbs/sugar, high in protein AND taste like pumpkin?! I eat these all year round, not just in prime pumpkin season (aka Fall), because they are absolutely delicious. Toppings vary from fresh berries and Walden Farm’s sugar free pancake syrup to PB2 and apple slices. Sometimes, I will throw in some dark chocolate chips or blueberries into the batter. And sometimes I will make them into pancakes when I do not feel like cleaning my waffle maker. Regardless of how you decide to eat them, you will be hooked!
Makes 1 serving (which is anywhere from 2-4 waffles, depending on the size of your waffle maker).
- 5 egg whites
- 3 tbsp pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp oatmeal
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder (I use PEScience Gourmet Vanilla)
- ⅙ tsp baking powder
- A LOT of pumpkin pie spice
- 1-2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk (depending on how thick the batter is)
- Walden Farms Calorie Free Pancake Syrup
- Optional: 7g (30 chips) Lily’s Dark Chocolate Premium Baking Chips (macros calculated without, these will add 25 calories, .5 g protein, 4.5 g carbs, and 2.3 g fat)
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into waffle maker.
- Top with Walden Farms Calorie Free Pancake Syrup and any other delicious toppings you can think of (butter, berries, whipped cream, peanut butter…).
MACROS for entire serving (not including butter as shown in photo): 181 calories, 25.6 g protein, 13.5 g carbs, 2.5 g fat