I crave sweets. All day, every day. And although eating cookies and ice cream sounds awesome, I also like to look good and feel good. This means finding ways to satisfy my sweet tooth without all of the carbs and fat. One of my favorite ways is baking with protein powder. Protein powder is the holy grail of healthy, protein packed desserts. Here I have an amazing protein cake recipe. I would compare it to a pound cake. It is dense, sweet, but not too sweet, but you can eat crazy amounts of it for very few calories! And did I mention it is HIGH in protein? It tastes awesome on its own but feel free to add some toppings to jazz it up. My favorites are fat free whipped cream, peanut butter and chocolate chips. Go ahead, give into those sweet cravings, lift some heavy weight, build some muscle and stay lean while you’re at it!
Recipe makes 8 servings.
- 1 scoop of PEScience Gourmet Vanilla Protein Powder (or Snickerdoodle)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp stevia
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cashew milk (you can use almond milk but this will change the macros slightly)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients (the first 5 ingredients). Mix well so there are no clumps.
- Add the wet ingredients (rest of the ingredients) and mix well.
- Pour into a well greased round cake pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until golden on the sides and a bit on top.
- Let cool, enjoy and then store in the refrigerator.
MACROS for 1/8th of the cake: 95 calories, 10.8 g protein, 5.6 g carbs, 2.6 g fat