“I don’t have time to make breakfast!” This is one of the most common excuses I hear from my clients and frankly, most mornings I wake up at 5am and I don’t have much time to make breakfast either. Since eggs are my favorite breakfast food (high in protein and loaded with healthy fat), I have created this quick and easy recipe that you can make ahead of time allowing you to enjoy your eggs for breakfast while on the go.
Makes about 6 egg muffins.
- 1 16oz carton of Southwest Style egg beaters
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, finely chopped
- 6 slices Prosciutto
- salt and pepper to taste
- PAM Olive Oil spray
- 6 cup muffin tray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tray with PAM.
- In a large bowl, mix egg beaters, kale, chives and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place a piece of Prosciutto in each muffin cup.
- Divide the egg mixture between the muffin cups. Fill only 2/3 of each cup as the mixture rises when baking.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Let cool a few minutes and then lift out carefully with a fork. Note that the muffins will sink a bit.
MACROS for 1 egg muffin: 66 calories, 9.9 g protein, 1.1 g carbs, 1.8 g fat