I like to describe this meal as “poverty macros” – when you barely have any carbs or fat left for the day but you still need to eat dinner. High protein, low fat and low carb for only 160 calories! Oh, and it takes less than 10 minutes to make. The key is frozen vegetables and frozen shrimp. When you are short on time, these are two staples you should always have in your freezer. Oh, and did I mention how delicious this is too? It definitely won’t taste like “poverty macros”.
Makes 2 servings.
- 8oz. cooked frozen shrimp
- 4 cups frozen stir fry vegetables
- 1 14oz. can bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 3-4 tbsp Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 2 tbsp fresh chili paste
- garlic powder and pepper, to taste
- Place frozen vegetables in a large nonstick frying pan. Cook over medium heat.
- Add liquid aminos, fish sauce, garlic paste, garlic powder and pepper. Mix well and cook until vegetables are heated through.
- Once vegetables are hot, remove from stove and cover.
- Place frozen shrimp in frying pan over medium heat.
- Add chili paste and cook until shrimp is heated through.
- Toss vegetables back in frying pan and mix with shrimp. Top with bean sprouts and serve.
- Optional: If you need more carbs serve with jasmine rice!
MACROS for 1 serving: 162 calories, 20g protein, 22g carbs, 2g fat