Mixed with butter, garlic, salt and pepper, you won’t even know these are not the real thing. Cauliflower is one of my favorite volume foods. Meaning, you can eat A LOT of it for very few calories. I often times eat this whole recipe for only 160 calories and 20g carbs! Even with the light butter this is less than half the calories of the same amout of mashed potatoes with no butter and almost 25% less carbs! Volume food at its finest. Go ahead, eat the whole recipe, I dare you!
Makes 1-2 servings.
- 1 bag of frozen cauliflower florets (approximately 425 grams)
- 3oz. unsweetened plain cashew milk (NOT vanilla flavored)
- 2 tbsp of Smart Balance Light Butter (this is for the low fat version, feel free to use regular butter if you want/need more fat for the day)
- 1 tbps minced garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional: chives
- Microwave cauliflower an 2 tbsp water in a microwave-safe bowl covered with plastic wrap for 4-5 minutes.
- Blend cauliflower and almond milk in blender until it gets to a smooth potato consistency.
- Add in butter, garlic and salt and pepper and blend once more.
- Transfer to a large bowl and top with chives before serving!
*If you want more protein, top with fat free cheddar cheese! Or if want more fat and protein, mix in crumbled goat cheese!
MACROS for 1/2 of recipe (about 1 cup of mash): 79 calories, 4.4 g protein, 10.75 g carbs, 2.75 g fat